Updated: Feb 11, 2020
Changing something you’re used to can be challenging, though, so let this post keep things easy and simple for you. To begin, join the Veganuary challenge.
Here are a few facts to know about this challenge.
Veganuary is not a fad. In fact, it is a non-profit organisation that has been around since 2014.
It has one ambitious, but doable, goal: to encourage everyone to be vegan for at least 31 days (or the whole month of January).
It partners with many establishments or businesses to help promote and create new vegan menus and recipes.
This pledge has a growing following. In 2019 alone, more than 250,000 people participated. This is not exclusive to the Brits too.
Much of its focus centres around consuming a plant-based diet, but you are more than welcome to extend it to other aspects of your life. That includes ditching your usual commercial beauty products for vegan skincare brands!
Once you made that step, you don’t have to end it as soon as February rolls around. Keep going at it because your skin will benefit more from organic or natural ingredients.
Now, how do you embrace vegan skincare this January? Here are a few ideas:
1. Buy from legitimate vegan product sellers. For your beauty needs, one of the trusted brands today is Sagal Jama. We offer pampering kits that are suitable for various skin types. That saves you the hassle of figuring out which products to purchase.
2. Keep your beauty routine simple. You don’t have to follow Korea’s 10-step beauty routine to learn how to get glowing skin. A kit, for example, can already have everything you need to achieve healthy, supple skin. Simplicity also makes transitioning to vegan products easier.
3. Give yourself time to do it. Here’s another advantage of a simple beauty routine: you are more likely to be consistent with it. Otherwise, give yourself at least five minutes each day to pamper yourself and nourish your skin. Besides, this is an amazing way to practise self-love and self-care.
4. Keep your vegan products in the spotlight. Joining Veganuary doesn’t mean throwing away your existing makeup and lotions. However, when you run out, make an effort to only buy cruelty-free and vegan products next time.
It is healthier for you and the planet if you embrace vegan skincare completely. Here are the best reasons why:
1. Many common cosmetic ingredients are endocrine disruptors
A lot of skincare products these days contain chemicals that are categorised as endocrine disruptors. One of these is butylparaben, according to 2016 research.
These chemicals can potentially affect the way the body produces hormones, which serve as chemical messengers. They can influence the functions of, not only your organs but also your cells.
Changes in hormone levels can have a significant impact on your health. For example, they can increase your risk of developing chronic diseases, such as diabetes or thyroid disorder. They may also weaken your immune system.
2. Vegan skincare products are more environmentally-friendly
As vegan products, they don’t contain animal-derived ingredients. It means the brands do not rely on animal agriculture or subject animals to being used as products.
This is important since animal agriculture actually contributes to climate change. Animals, for instance, release gases that raise carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere. And, to support the industry, many farmers converted forested lands into agricultural pastures. In the end, the areas do not have enough trees to minimise the risk of flooding or water pollution from agricultural runoffs. It also reduces the number of carbon sinks, which are places that take in carbon from the atmosphere.
3. Vegan products are gentler on the skin
Many chemicals are harsh on the skin, increasing the chances of allergic reactions and even skin diseases, like eczema.
Meanwhile, natural ingredients are gentler and even provide healthy skin benefits:
They are anti-inflammatory, which means they help combat redness, inflammation, and itchiness.
They are also antibacterial, helping reduce or prevent acne.
They can be easily absorbed by the skin. Jojoba, for instance, has almost the same properties as sebum or the oil produced by the body.
To improve skin health, all it takes is a 30-day commitment. Begin today and watch your skin significantly improve in a month. You may not even want to go back to your old routine.
Aside from this, you should also engage yourself in exercise and other physical activities, like cycling. Of course, your skin will be exposed to the elements when outdoors. So, you should also wear some protection, such as cycling arm warmers.
This post is brought to you by the team of vegan marketers at www.ardorseo.com.